This weekend I was staring at a giant zucchini in my fridge trying to figure out what to do with it. Turning to Google I came across a super easy and healthy cookie recipe by Food By Mars that I whipped up start to finish in 20 minutes!
Why do I love this cookie?
- Zucchini! Who doesn’t love zucchini baked in stuff? You can’t taste it, it makes everything extremely moist, and you get a big dose of vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus (to name a few).
- It’s flourless, so for those of you wanting to go grain free or want a low blood sugar treat, this is for YOU.
- It’s extremely low sugar, only using 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar for all 12 cookies!
- It’s got hemp seed–LOVE this miracle seed for it’s healthy fat ratios and protein boost.
- It’s full of almond butter…healthy fat and protein goodness.
This cookie covers my healthy eating mantra: fat, fiber, protein. You can eat it as a snack, dessert or even breakfast.
Last night was GOT night so I made ice cream sandwiches out of them for a special treat (using coconut based vanilla ice cream). It was SO good.
Give it a try and lemme know what you think!