Fun facts about me
I like to get to know the personal side of my health counselors, so I thought you might want to know a bit more about me.
- In 2002, my son Aidan was born. He’s smart–as-a-whip, deeply sensitive and intuitive, imaginative, loves games, mazes, and anything involving strategy (he’s already better than me at pretty much any game!), and is showing an incredible talent for water-polo!
- We welcomed our second baby boy, Roan, in 2005. He came out of the shoot singing and playing music on anything he could find, loves any sports he plays (and by that, I mean LOVES), is very funny, and has a crazy good head for numbers.
- I’m extremely lucky because I’m married to Rob Dalton. He loves to play music, write poetry, play basketball, fly fish, create art, hike, ski, and is an incredible father. He also puts up with all of my ‘nutty’ ideas and is game to try absolutely anything I make for him. And usually likes it!
- In college I was a psychology major and went on to work for children’s shelters and did a one year stint at the Crisis Clinic in Seattle. Doing that gave me great insight into much of humanity and I’m deeply honored to have had that experience.
- I love teens! A friend/partner and I do a few retreats a year that focus on teaching compassionate listening, stress management skills and how to be a good friend (among other things). We always have a blast. Hoping to add boys to the work soon, too.
- I love to dance. Love, love. I grew up dancing and took lots of contemporary and jazz classes. I was also in my college dance troupe and then went on to certify in pilates. I now take my choreography skills and put them to use in my BarreFusion classes.
- Adventure travel is a deep passion of mine. I’ve trekked to Machu Picchu and through the Annapurna circuit in Nepal (got to 18,000 feet!), and also been to Thailand, Europe, Mexico, and more. In another life, I’d go on all kinds of expeditions to little corners of the world.
- Claim to fame: my great, great, great grandfather is a man named Walter Camp. He is known at the “Father of American Football” (yep, it’s actually true. And weird.). I didn’t grow up loving football, but I’m embracing it more these days since I have a house full of boys. 🙂
- I’m tall. 5’11” tall! I didn’t play basketball or volleyball but if I could go back and do it again, I’d go for it.
- Although I was a psychology and pre-med major in college, I went on to work in the high tech business and landed my first professional job at Microsoft. I worked there for almost 5 years as a website producer for MSN and then as producer for an adventure travel magazine. It was a great experience, but it didn’t feed my soul. Hence…full circle back into the health and wellness realm!
- Red is my favorite color. Always has been.
- I secretly (well, I guess not too secretly) want to be in a rock band.