You won’t believe that this healthy and delicious brownie has black beans in it. Give it a try and see how you can make a healthy dessert that your kids will like!
• 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, and rinsed
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 2/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup coconut oil
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 4 drops Peppermint essential oil (optional–use only a very high grade that’s ingestable…I use doTerra)
• ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
4. Pour into greased 8×8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool and cut into pieces. Store in refrigerator.