Delicious and healthy chia seed pudding packed with protein, Omega-3, antioxidants and calcium that you can make in under 5 minutes. The first four ingredients offer a delicious basic recipe, but I love adding in the optional items for more pizazz. Mix and match here…cinnamon and banana, strawberry and lemon. And, who doesn’t love chocolate, raspberry pudding?! 🙂
- 2 cups coconut milk (you can use from a can to get the full fat, which is absolutely delish!!)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (or less) maple syrup (or sub any sweetener: I usually use about 8-10 drops of Stevia)
- Optional: 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Optional: 2-3 tbs raw cacao
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Blend all ingredients except chia in a blender until smooth (including any flavors such as cacao or cinnamon). Whisk in the chia and add the berries or banana, etc. if you have them.
- Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel. Stir or whisk a few times within the first hour to help it gel evenly. I prefer to make this at night to have ready for a fast breakfast the next day but you can do it anytime during the day and have it ready for a lovely dessert too!